I would like to nominate ...

Mike Heney

Mike Heney has been an active member of the space development and commercialization community for the past 30 years. He has been affiliated with the National Space Society (formerly the L-5 Society) since 1978. In 1993, he worked with SpaceCause to present the initial results from the DC-X program to the United States Senate. He has worked with ProSpace, a space policy lobbying organization, since its inception in 1995, and served as its Vice President in 1997. He was invited to join the Space Frontier Foundation in 1996, and as served as a member of the Board of Directors, as Chairman of the Board, and as Corporate Secretary.

He was awarded the 1997 ProSpace "Space Activist of the Year" award jointly with his wife Susan for their efforts in the space commercialization field, and the 2005 "Service to the Frontier" award from the Space Frontier Foundation for his continued service to that organization.

Mike is an all-around "computer guy", space policy consultant, and has worked with federal government contractor at NASA-GSFC.

404 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mission controlmission control commented  · 

I'd go with "technically inclined" - and libertarian is way off the mark.

• getseriousgetserious commented  · 

Uber-geek and libertarian. Yea, like Obama would pick him.

Feedback and Knowledge Base