I would like to nominate ...

phil plait

Dr. Phil Plait, aka "The Bad Astronomer", PhD from the University of Virginia, formerly faculty at Sonoma State University, is a well-known skeptic, science education proponent, president of the James Randi Foundation, and author.

4,185 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    zandperlzandperl shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bill RicoBill Rico commented  · 

im pretty sure they showed it in a movie...

lol ill stop at number 3

now question yourself...how can we maneuver a meteor of its course?

ill hang with the the man of "all" and forget whats on the "plate"

sorry for the "gansta rap"

Buzz Aldrin... Im pretty sure he went to the moon :) and im pretty sure he knows how to abstract minerals from a meteor and disrupt its course

• tony rusitony rusi commented  · 

I like Phil. But he does not have the gravitas to run NASA.

• mamapadawanmamapadawan commented  · 

Phil Plait is also a good public speaker, a skill essential for the head of NASA.
        He's also passionate about Astronomy and wants to teach everyone more about Astronomy.
        Let's also not forget that Phil won't shy away from controversial or unpopular positions. A leader in our government with a backbone! Let's try it and see how it works! :-D

• Hello PityHello Pity commented  · 

It's important to realize that Phil worked at NASA for years, as an astrophysics researcher. He's quite familiar with the place.

• bmgibbenbmgibben commented  · 

One of the few people I have found that is educated, informed about current events, and enthusiastic enough to lead the space program. He has also shown that he still has a core set of ideals and isn't mired in the depth of politics that MANY department heads fall prey to. I have always fantasized about someone like Phil leading NASA. One with the clarity of mind and purpose to get us on track.

• matthewotamatthewota commented  · 

Make Phil the administrator. He will support the Constellation program. He will have the first Altair mission land right on top of Tranquility Base, in order to quiet those pesky "Apollo did not go to the Moon" lunatics....

• martian_bobmartian_bob commented  · 

Knows everything there is to know about how the cosmos is trying to destroy us. He'll save us from the meteors!

Feedback and Knowledge Base