or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • laurenamarante commented  · 

I absolutely agree with creon's comment, and everyone's above. But I would also add that Dr. Worden is entrepreneurial in nature and the government needs to think more entrepreneurially. If what Dr. Worden has done for NASA Ames can be translated to the rest of the nation (and world), we will be headed in the right direction!!!

• tony rusi commented  · 

Worden is a force of nature, but would he have Obama's ear?

• tony rusi commented  · 

Worden is a force of nature, but does he have Obama's ear?

• tony rusi commented  · 

Worden is a force of nature. But is he close enough to Obama to run NASA effectively?

• spacegirl commented  · 

I served at Falcon AFB in the 50th Space Wing under Worden and he was an amazing leader. I wish that NASA could be run as well as that organization was when I was there. We need someone like General Worden here at NASA!

• saudade7 commented  · 

Yes, I am sure that all Brigadier Generals who are commanders of the 50th Space Wing, Directors of Space and Missile Systems Centers, and Air Force Space Commanders are really against the Militarization of Space. Most of us choose careers in areas that we are actively and ethically against LOL.

• sbutow commented  · 

A great many are qualified to pontificate about space science and technology; however, very few have the demonstrated capacity to lead and turn dreams into reality. In an era of constrained budgets, Pete Worden will energize a new generation of scientists and engineers in discovery, achievement and innovation.

• stubek commented  · 

Saudade7,
        He is actually very against militarizing space

• saudade7 commented  · 

The last thing we need to do is militarize space. I am really sick of all this Military crap.

• mission control commented  · 

Great choice, with excellent qualifications and the vision to take NASA into the future.

• Alexandre L commented  · 

I can only support the comments which have been given above, and want to add his extraordinary capacity to make people cooperate to achieve extraordinary results !!! He will be the best person to realize the vision of Human Space Exploration and favor international cooperation between all the different nations working in the same direction !!!

Let's all pull the string in the same direction !!!

• creon commented  · 

Many on this list are qualified. But no one else even comes close to having Pete Worden's singular combination of knowledge, vision, intelligence, dedication, experience, competence, consistency, and ability to inspire loyalty and excellence in others.

• getserious commented  · 

Gifted. Would be the best Administrator NASA ever had.

Feedback and Knowledge Base